2018 BRAZIL CARNAVAL RETREAT - Yoga + Eco-Adventure + Culture Safari
with Micheline Berry, Joey Lugassy + Brazilian Master Artists
yoga . carnaval . radical eco-adventure . succulent wilds . gastronomia . samba . sea . soul
February 10-18 . 2018
Rio de Janeiro + Bahia
Join us for Micheline Berry’s 8night/9day immersion into Brazil’s verdant wilds, pristine beaches and waterfalls as well as its rich cultural heritage and intoxicating rhythms of Carnaval. Your once-in-a-lifetime curation of insider’s experiences will have you living like a local.
ABOUT YAC RETREATS
Micheline Berry’s Yoga + Art + Culture Retreats set a new bar in mindful, culturally immersive travel. Satisfy your hunger for the uncommon… the eco-adventurous… the culturally authentic… the gastronomically piquant. Providing a singular travel experience is our thing! Whatever your walk of life, we invite you to come ‘live like a local’ with us all over the world. We believe in the power of sustainable cultural adventure. Take one with us and you’ll never be the same.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: www.michelineberry.com/boutique
1st Tier $250 Earlybird Discount Deadline: August 10th!!
YOUR INVITATION FROM MICHELINE BERRY…
Olá! My passion is to curate impactful, culturally authentic and personally empowering experiences all over the world.
Your Brazil “yoga meets culture” insider’s adventure begins with 4 nights in Rio de Janeiro on the non-touristic side of legendary Ipanema Beach. Samba “blocos” (street parties), beach frolic, and radical eco-adventures by day --- gastronomy adventures, carnaval festivities, and samba dancing by night. We’ll be joined by master teacher and cultural guide Lucia Cordeiro.
Following our Rio adventure, we retreat into to the healing waters and Afro-Brazilian rhythms of Bahia beginning with a Capoeira/Percussion Immersion with Mestre Cabello Rolim and an epic frolic in one of my favorite waterfalls. A hidden gem where the original Atlantic Rainforest still touches the ocean, our home in Maraú Bahia is a stunning boutique collection of seaside Brazilian-Moroccan eco-chic bungalows. We’ll frolic in crystalline ocean waters and waterfalls alike, enjoy healing bodywork, and feast on Bahian farm-to-table gastronomy. Here you’ll experience refined creature comforts aligned with a deep respect for the rainforest ecology around us.
Brazil is my enduring love story. In the 90s, my first month-long “vacation” turned into years of living in Rio & Minas Gerais. Yearly sojourns have ensued ever since. To insure your own powerful Brazilian experience, I limit our group to only 18 people. The trip is currently half-full, so if you feel the call of the Brazilian muse, join us soon for this singular cultural adventure. You will return creatively inspired, physically renewed and forever moved by the warmth of Brazil and it’s people. Vamos!
4 nights @ Ipanema Beach, Rio de Janeiro (February 10-14)
- Daily oceanside walking & meditation
- Frolicking on famous Ipanema Beach (just footsteps in front of our hotel)
- Samba class & Rio cultural tour with Lucia Cordeira
- Dinners & dancing in Lapa, Rio's artist district
- Rio’s Famousfamous Samba School Carnaval Parade at Sambodromo
- Daytime Samba Blocos (street percussion parties)
- Jungle Trektrek up to top of Pedra Bonita (with optional hang gliding off of Pedra Bonita)
- Carioca Gastronomy Adventuresgastronomic adventures
4 nights @ Maraú, Bahia (February 14-18)
- Daily Liquid Asana vinyasa & mindfulness meditation with Micheline Berry & Joey Lugassy
- Afro-Brazilian batucada, percussion ritual & capoeira Angola with Mestre Cabello Rolim
- 2 wild Waterfall Excursions & 1 Boating Excursionwaterfall excursions & 1 boating excursion
- Surf, SUP & Sun Worshipsun worship on pristine jungle beaches
- Bahian Gastronomy Adventuresgastronomic adventures
- Healing bodywork & ridiculous laughter
AIR TRAVEL INFORMATION + GROUND TRANSPORTATION
You will be responsible for booking your own air travel. Upon registration, you will be given an air travel itinerary and info to match flights. Arriving into Rio you will take your own taxi into Hotel. ALL of the remaining ground transportation throughout the retreat is covered in your one fee.
Note: If you wish to extend your trip in Bahia that is a possibility as well. Contact us to make arrangements.
Tourist Visa to Brazil: A Tourist Visa is required for US citizens and is easily obtainable by the Brazilian Consulate in your local area.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR FEE: JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING!
We have structured this retreat so that you’ll experience a lot with great ease and plenty of open space in between. Your one fee covers:
- All accommodations for 8nights/9days
- All breakfasts
- 2 dinners in Rio
- All meals in Bahia
- All yoga, capoeira and samba classes
- Ticket to Rio Samba School Parade in Sambodromo
- All eco-adventures and Rio cultural tour
- All ground transportation (except for your taxi in from Rio Airport to hotel)
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR FEE:
- All airfare
- Room service, hotel tabs, room incidentals & telephone charges
- Optional site-seeing tours & activities not included in retreat itinerary: i.e. hang gliding
- Taxi to the hotel from Rio Airport on Feb 10th
- 2 dinners & 4 lunches in Rio
- Tips and gratuities